Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Coming Attraction and SKYPE ANALYSIS

I had fun with getting contacts and figuring out technology last night, so I'll be posting later today what I should have posted last night. I am looking forward to this post about SOUND and DIFFERENT SPOKEN INTERPRETATIONS.

So skyping that Shakespeare scene was one heck of an experience. I did not actually participate in the way of having lines and reading, but I did listen in since it very much had to do with my topic. I noticed that having just the sound made a big difference in the understanding of the text! That may sound ridiculously obvious, but really, this made you really listen to the actual words. Since we couldn't see who was speaking, we had to listen to the words and try to determine the character that way. I concluded that it is important to have a means of distinguishing the characters from each other in a way that is audible. Think about it. Even if you were watching a play, and all the characters sounded just the same, then the beauty of the play would be rather lost, wouldn't it?