Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finding a Point to the Madness AND a Taste of My Creativity


I've been studying SOUND, and so far, it's been a variety of different topics within the text. Although I'm extremely interested in the songs, and will not likely give that up altogether, I am leaning towards SOUND FOCUSING THE TEXT, and how that changes the meaning and understanding of Shakespeare's plays. I really enjoyed doing my last post about this topic, especially focusing on the comparison of different renditions of the same play. I am going to be editing/expanding that idea as per the suggestions of others, and some further ideas that have come to me through my studying. (Tonight shall not be the night since I'm having SEVERE technical difficulties-good grief.)

As I have been looking at The Tempest for inspiration on sound, I decided that's going to be my creative juice. I do baking. So I am making a CAKE that depicts the play. It's quite the adventure so far, since I went to the store, and it didn't have ANYTHING that I needed, so I made some interesting substitutions. And I'm excited about it. I'm debating with myself about whether to bring the big thing into class or not. Either way, my next post will include pictures and details of my cake/Shakespeare extravaganza. There are follow up elements to the cake as well, that show the connections between the elements of the cake and the elements of the play. Just know that my cake is delectably delicious. Thanks for being alive. Hopefully I continue to be so as well.